SEO – Developing your Business
June 15 @ 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
THE IMPORTANCE OF SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION AND HOW TO INCORPORATE SEO TECHNIQUES ON SOCIAL MEDIA TO DRIVE TRAFFIC FOR BUSINESS SUCCESS
This Workshop will assist businesses in raising their online presence and driving visitor traffic to their website and social media pages.
This Workshop is funded through the Skills Support for the Workforce Programme on behalf of Serco. Upon application of your ticket, you will be contacted by the TCHC Gateway Team who will arrange an appointment for completion of your funding paperwork in order to confirm your eligibility.
What will I learn?
- What is SEO?
- How do you rate your company’s SEO?
- How SEO has changed
Getting Started with SEO
- What makes a good website?
- Indicators of good performance
- Setting goals for your pages
- Organic search vs SEM
Search Engine Friendly Pages
- Pages for navigation vs pages for search
- Key elements of a searchable page
- Cornerstone content
- What is a landing page and why is it important?
- What is a keyword?
- Creating keyword groups
- Long tale keywords
- Keyword tools
- Creating a keyword cloud
- Content and Structure
Using keywords to create searchable content
- Keywords in H1, H2, Alt tags
- Effective page layout
- The importance of relevance in search
- Effective use of internal and external links
Managing and Marketing your website
- Google Analytics
- Mobile friendly and fast
- Using Social Media
- Why Blogging matters